ITIL Capability Release, Control & Validation (RCV)
Course Number: IV3 RCV
Length: 5 days
This 5 day course immerses students in the practical aspects of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and processes associated with the Release, Control and Validation of services and service delivery. The main focus of this course is on the operational‐level process activities and supporting methods and approaches to executing these processes. To implement new services in a controlled and cost‐effective manner, IT departments must successfully implement ITIL Release, Control and Validation best practices. Students gain the skills required to take the ITIL Release, Control and Validation Certification Exam.
At the end of this 5 day course, the student will gain competencies and prepare to:
• Utilize change management to achieve successful service transition
• Test to assure transition quality and integrity
• Enhance Service Delivery with knowledge management
• Apply Continual Service Improvement to RCV processes
• Plan key activities for the Release, Control and Validation processes in the context of the Service Lifecycle
• Attain operational excellence by using the Release, Control and Validation processes, activities and functions
• Evaluate the success of Release, Control and Validation by applying key metrics
• Prepare for and take the ITIL Release, Control and Validation Certification Exam
Students should hold an ITIL Foundation Certificate. Before taking the course, its recommended (though not required) that candidates have approximately two years exposure to basic concepts in IT and related work experience.