VMware vSphere: Design Workshop
Course Number: VM-VDW
Length: 3 days
The goal of this course is to equip consulting professionals with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to achieve competence in designing a VMware vSphere® 5 virtual infrastructure. Given an organization’s constraints and requirements, the infrastructure should be available, scalable, manageable, and secure while meeting the organization’s business objectives.
The course is based on VMware ESXi™ and VMware vCenter™ Server 5. This course discusses the benefits and risks of available design alternatives and provides information to support making sound design decisions. This course also provides an opportunity to practice your design skills by working with peers on a design project.
:• Understand and apply a framework to a design.
• Design a storage solution to use vSphere in an enterprise
. • Design a network to use vSphere in an enterprise.
• Design compute resources for an enterprise.
• Design virtual machines to run applications in a virtual infrastructure.
• Design a virtual datacenter for an enterprise
. • Incorporate management and monitoring features in the design.
• Identify design goals, requirements, constraints, and risks
. • Identify useful information for making design decisions.
• Recognize and analyze best-practice recommendations.
• Analyze alternative design choices.
VMware pre- and postsales technical professionals responsible for designing vSphere architectures